Everything I Learned from Losing Over 100lbs
Condensed into bullet points for you
Here are some tips to accelerate your weight loss…
- Calculate your BMR aka the amount of calories you need per day, just to keep your body alive.
- Don’t consume more calories than your BMR unless you’re doing intense exercise.
- The more muscle you have, the higher your BMR, and the more calories you’ll burn on autopilot.
- That means lifting weights will help burn fat faster.
- Eating fat is not unhealthy. You can eat healthy fats.
- ‘Low fat’ on food labels just means high sugar. It’s not healthy.
- Sugar is the enemy.
- Sugar consumption, even a little bit, halts fat burning and growth hormone production.
- If you’re going to eat sugar, which you shouldn’t, consume it after a workout, so it goes into replacing the energy (glycogen) in your muscles and not fat storage.
- Everything delicious is sugar. Potatoes, rice, bread — even fruit. Avoid it all.
- Search Paleo foods. Eat non-processed meats, nuts, vegetables, eggs etc.
- Focus on low-glycemic foods too, these are foods that won’t spike your insulin, keeping you in the fat-burning zone all day.
- Drink lots of water, green tea, black tea etc.
- Don’t drink calories. No milk in your coffee or tea.
- Ditch soda, even diet pop isn’t good for you.
- Squash is for children. Just drink water and if you want to spice it up, put some fresh lemon juice in some cold, sparkling water.
- Don’t eat for 4 hours before you go to sleep. If your body is busy digesting food, it won’t be able to recover or burn fat effectively.
- Get more sleep.